Saturday, June 25, 2005

 

Adventures in Digital

Key Words:

I've always loved looking at good photographs. Not the ones that tourists take of themselves with "Welcome to So-and-so" signs right behind them but the ones that professional photographers take of interesting subjects. I especially love Day-in-the-Life photographs, pictures of kids and old people mostly.

My dad recently bought me a Canon A400 (the cheapest Canon digicam in the market today) which "boasts" of 3.2 Mega Pixels, 2.2X Optical Zoom, 7+X Digital Zoom, and ease of use. I spent the first day shooting auto-focus pix and then moved on from there. Now it's all about control for me. Manual or nothing at all... and I've been fooling around with the shutter speed, ISO, macro and limitless modes, flash techniques and everything else. It's so cool taking all the pictures you want with very little in terms of commitment. No perishables to speak of! I love technology.

Things are really pushing me towards this photography shit. A couple of days ago, I watched "Shutter" a Thai Horror flick. It was an okay movie, actually, but more than that I enjoyed the photography aspect of it especially the part where this professor was lecturing about how photography was not about capturing reality but about enhancing it by limiting the view of the lens. He proceeds by showing the students a mundane picture of a bridge and then that same bridge at sunset as photographed by a pro. I wanna learn that.

Karlo recommends that I buy the "Lonely Planet" photography book which goes for a little more than a thousand pesos over at Powerbooks. Im probably should, cause right now my camera education all comes from the Wikipedia guide to digital photography. I'm such a hack.

Anyway, I took a trip to Silang, Calaruega, and Taal last week. The trip gave me an opportunity to take some good pictures. Hay. I really hope I get better at it. And I better get a tripod. That's the only way I can eventually justify getting a DSLR. Enjoy and tell me what you think.




Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Partheo-Caysasay
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sky Reach

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Exercise in Angle Flash

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dreaming
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ligawin
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Longanisa Tree


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web tracker