Thursday, July 28, 2005

 

Pan-handling in Webland

“Please Sah?! Can I have some more?”
Key Words:



Magic 195 and counting
I’ve hit rock-bottom… or maybe I’m finally getting it. I have resolved to swallow what little pride I have left and start begging for eyeballs and Top Pinoy Blogs votes. It seems that I’m an idiot when it comes to the art of self-promotion, just learning about Google Ad enrollment and registration protocols in Top List sites. Still, I’m trying to catch up.

I registered “Artichoke Adobo” in the Top Pinoy Blogs website an hour ago thinking that it might be a good barometer I can use in evaluating my performance as a blogger. Thing is, even registering was a dilemma to me. Should I list myself in the PhotoBlogs category? Personal Journals? Uncategorized? What is Artichoke Adobo really? In the end, I decided to go the way of the Personal Journal due to the lack of focus that I have been constantly complaining about.

A minute or so after inserting the code into my HTML, I eagerly checked my ranking. I was thinking I’d probably be at the bottom of the Personal Journal category. Lo and behold! I’m not. In a couple of minutes, I managed to squeak past 4 other Personal Blogs, cementing my position as…. Number 195 in a list of 200! Hurrah! Our joint podcast site, though, was performing a deal better, getting the Number 111th position on the list. There was some form of satisfaction that I got from seeing it listed at 111 considering how we’ve been so delinquent and casual about “Live at USA.PH”. All the more satisfying was the fact that we have, in such a short time, become more popular than our first milestone which was “Cuying”, a theo-philosophical podcast aired by a Filipino priest based in Rome.
Outperforming the competition

Still, Artichoke Adobo was at 195. Almost the bottom but not quite. Story of my life. So I’m here to beg those of you who have taken time out of your busy schedule to make this blog a daily habit. More than that, if you would be kind enough to vote by clicking on the icon on the sidebar I’d seriously appreciate it.

I guess that’s it for now. Will definitely keep you posted. Let’s hope I get to 194 soon. Hehehe.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web tracker