Tuesday, July 05, 2005

 

Rainy days and Tuesdays...

Key Words:

Gang on a Granma
Gang on a Granma

...always get me down. It's the worst day to have a downpour, Tuesdays being the day in the week when my one and only car is grounded due to the MMDA Traffic Reduction Scheme. That means that either I have to be in the office before 7AM and stay til 7PM or trudge through the mud and rain with an umbrella that always seems to be too small for me.

Most days I don't mind public transportation, sometimes even envying those looking out of the Metro Rail windows, speeding past my car when I'm caught in traffic. Today, though, seemed like a day I should drive to work.

And I did, waking up an hour after I finally got sleepy enough to keep my eyes shut, and taking a quick shower right after my feet touched the floor. I had to be off and on the road by 5:30 AM or else I'd be caught in the rush hour crunch and might not be able to make it to the office by 7:00AM. "I'm going to have to drive alone in the rain this morning", I thought, Mox was probably still comfortably asleep in her bed at that hour.

That was unfortunate. It was such a good looking rainy day in July. Mox would've enjoyed driving around with me.


Driveby Photography in Aqua1Driveby Photography in Aqua2Driveby Photography in Aqua3Drive by Photography in Aqua4
Drive-by Photography in Aqua

To entertain myself, I pushed my new found hobby up another notch and started exploring the joys of Drive-by Photography in the Rain... the newest Extreme Water Sport in town (I should have that patented). Only problem was, that it was more impractical than the dry version. I had to contend with all the difficulties of taking pictures while driving my car, compounded by the reflections the rain made on the windshield, timing the shots so that the wipers weren't in the way, and the lack of any good subject (I'm partial to photographing people as they went about their business).

Looks like the weather won't change any time soon. The sky is still as gray and flat as this morning. "Like a gang on grandma" an old Literature classmate of mine used to say. She thinks rainy days are meant for re-reading old letters. I wonder if she's re-reading her's right now.

I, on the other hand, always think of High School when it rains. There's something about it that brings me back to when my problems seemed so simple.

I wish Mox was here.
Sidewalk Canteens with Wet Patrons
Sidewalk Canteens with Wet Customers

Comments:
got here through joel's blog. rockstar, mehn! may writer pala na mahilig din sa mma, at magaling pang kumuha ng litrato.

kung taga-marikina ka lang, nood ka ng gig namin sa huwebes, mehn, para makapagkuwentuhan tayo.
 
Hmmm... oo taga marikina ako. Matagal ko na gusto manood ng gig niyo sa purple haze pero palagi ako busy... try ko ulit bukas.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web tracker