Wednesday, August 31, 2005

 

Banned from Watching Pinoy Big Brother!

Key Words:

Pinoy Big BrotherSomething not food related today -- but equally spicy. I'm gonna steal a page from pinoy.rickey.org and talk about Pinoy Reality TV. Believe it or not, I'm banned from watching Pinoy Big Brother which shouldn't faze me, really. It's just that the forbidden fruit is always more appealing. I'll explain:

I was watching Pinoy Big Brother one night over at my girlfriend's house when I happen to mention that my favorites were the two married people -- Jason *I think* and "Hot Mama". They seem to be the most real to me; free from the shennanigans that all the other housemates are trying to pull-off to get TV mileage. You can tell that most of them are hoping for a TV/Movie career once the show is over. And they'll probably get it given how stupid us Filipinos are when it comes to what we watch on TV (This from someone who's complaining about not being able to watch Pinoy Big Brother--- hehehe). But I digress...
JennyJasonChxUma
The Jedi (Hot Mama and Papa)
The Sith (Pretty daw and bading na bading)

Anyway, I mention that I like the two married people and Mox gets on my case about staring at "Hot Mama" and watching for all the sexually loaded content. So I ask you, dear readers, do I look like a sex-depraved "Hot Mama" salivating prick? On second thought, don't answer that. Still, I promise you that my interest in this TV show is so far beyond what Mox is accussing me of.

To tell you the truth, what I want to find out is whether good can triumph over sex appeal. I've chosen two of the middle-ground characters, people who actually fall through the cracks and under the radar. They are not loud but more reserved and focused. They are not one of "the beautiful people" but rather homely and normal looking. I believe that they are the housemates with the strongest values. They are my Jedi.

The Sith, The Evil Empire, on the other hand, are the "pretty" (I still insist that to call any of them pretty would be stretching it) girls and guys. You have Say who is prudish and obviously too much of a Social Camel. You have JB who is obviously a womanizer most Filipino women will inevitably fall for. You have Cass who is a flash-in-the-pan FHM girl desperate for sustainable attention but simply failing where she thinks she's strongest-- her looks. You have Uma who is a study in histrionics (Rickey? --- hehehe). You have Raquel who I'd hoped would have a good heart given her lack of looks but who is actually, IMHO, a coniving bitch. And then you have Chx who is so much like one of the "feeling pretty" girls I know and hate. Evil all around.Cassandra

Group Pic
Group Pic
Come to think of it, Pinoy Big Brother is like the apartment I lived in during College. 5 Guys, 5 Girls, no privacy... and a whole lot of weirdness going on. So why am I so fascinated with this show. It's like watching a car wreck, I think, it would just be too hard to look away.

I can't believe I want to watch this show. It's a poor franchise that focuses on people doing inane things and acting for the camera. But in the end, to me, it's still good versus evil. It's not the sexy stuff, it's not the nakedness... it's my desire to watch good triumphing over evil.

Maybe I should talk to Mox and convince her to let me watch again. I can promise to close my eyes everytime the focus on a gratuitous ass or boob shot.

P.S. If you want to be part of my "Let Jay Watch Big Brother Please! Campaign" please email me at manongguard@yahoo.com

*Photographs come from the Pinoy Big Brother website gallery. Visit them at http://www.pinoybigbrother.com

Comments:
bayaw, putcha, magkalimutan na tayo pag di ka pumunta tribu mamya. 10pm. birthday din ni carljoe. pakita ka man lang. para sa mga bayaw to. at lintek! i-link mo na blog ko dito!
 
Putcha! Oo nga alam ko Palanca night mo tonight... e tangina baka mainggit lang ako... ehheeh... sige... late pupunta ako.
 
Maybe she'll let you watch if you tell her it's Uma you wanna gawk at...
 
Ah gratuity and Cass Ponti? I'd watch if it I was able. It's an ABSCBN program after all ^_^
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web tracker