Wednesday, August 17, 2005

 

Buddah in Big Buddah ... or in this case Super Bowl of China

Key Words:

Ah Chinese food. This should be part of my Contessa series but it's not. Mostly because this has less to do with food and more to do with the events that brought about the experience.


Ea at Starbucks

To make a long story short, Ea (my bestbud for the past 15 or so odd years) got the job she's been praying for... a regular stint as an Events Organizer in the popular RX93.1 radio station. I've been raking in the benefits of her new found employment in terms of free tickets to movie premieres (see Fantastic Four article) and concerts. The windfall of fortune (cookies?) continues as she treated us (Moxie, Tammy and myself) to a more-than-enough early dinner at the new Super Bowl of China in Marquinton Mall -- and then later on to a grande each over at the neighboring Starbucks.

Had a very good night with the girlies and I just wanted to post the pictures. I also took some good enough product shots with my non-SLR (hehehe--- I'm griping again).
Product Shot 3Product Shot 4Product ShotProduct Shot
In any case, here's my food rating chart. I forget the names of the food we ordered but I'm listing them anyway:


Food Name:Gaping Navels:Comments:
Yang Chow Fried Rice

@@@@@

No one can mess up this classic. With rice this good who needs ulam?
Mushroom and whatever stew thingee

@@@@

What can I say? I love mushrooms. I love stews. The water chestnuts provided the coup de gras (did I even spell that right?)
Noodles with Seafood

@@@

No complaints here but nothing special. They do serve it in a big ass metal dish and you can't hope to finish it in one sitting.
Crispy Chicken

@@@@@

I'm so not into plain chicken but this was the bomb. Sauce or no sauce, this still rocks.
Complimentary Peanut Buchi

@

There's a reason why this is complimentary. Whoever invented this should be dragged to the streets and fed peanut buchi exclusively.


Thanks Yang!


Comments:
what about the mall? how is the mall? anything there worth a P7.50 jeepney ride? aside from ze Chinese grub, that is.
 
Shoes, mostly. Although the theatre is nice and there is a good internet cafe.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web tracker